ALL-INCLUSIVE MAGNETIC LOCATOR WITH SIMPLE, ONE-HANDED OPERATION.
The ML-1 is one of SSI’s longest-enduring and popular products for magnetic detection. Whether you’re seeking corner markers (iron or steel), well casings, steel drums or septic tank handles, this is the go-to magnetic locator for you. And for good reason.
The ML series offers simple one-handed operation with an easy-to-learn keypad featuring only three buttons – no menus or cumbersome instructions to follow. The audio unit has the volume built into the on/off key; just hold down the key while it cycles through the settings. The ML-1 features strong monotube construction, providing structural integrity you can count on.
|Overall Length:||38.75 in (98.4 cm)|
|Weight:||2.0 lbs (0.9 kg) including batteries|
|Input Power:||Two (2) standard 9-volt alkaline batteries|
|Battery Life:||40 hours minimum|
- Easy and simple one-hand operation; built-in handle
- Easy to learn; 3 keypad switches: on/off and volume, sensitivity up and sensitivity down
- Volume built into the on/off key; just hold down the key while it cycles through the settings
- The electronic keypad “clicks” when a key is depressed. A “real” speaker is in the front panel, providing outstanding volume.
- Microprocessor remembers the volume and gain settings from the last time the unit was on Non-metered (ML-1) and metered (ML-1M) versions are designed to look, feel and operate the same
- Strong aluminum monotube construction from the tip through the end of the handle and ABS injection-molded electronics case (3 ” tapered to 2 “-wide X 4 ” tapered to 2 “-deep) provide the best structural integrity in a hand-held locator.
- Lightweight; only about two pounds including batteries
- Uses 2 regular alkaline 9-volt batteries, parallel; the unit is shipped with two spare batteries
- Soft pack carrying case included (optional hard case available) Battery compartment separated from electronic components and the circuit board. No exposing electronics to replace the batteries.